What is it about?
Bachelor of Commerce (Honors) is one of the most emerging undergraduate degree programme among Commerce stream students. This programme is a general 3-year degree course.
Candidates who wish to pursue higher studies and career in accounting, commerce or banking, finance and insurance, take up BCom and BCom (Hons) courses at UG level. Apart from accounting & commerce and banking, finance & insurance, BCom (Hons) is the best course option for career and jobs in management, teaching, advertising, journalism, mass communication, law, design, public sector, etc. BCom (Hons) is the ideal choice for CA and CS aspirants. BCom (Hons) graduates are in great demand in accounting, auditing firms as well as banks, BPOs, KPOs and ITEs and insurance companies. They are hired at junior level for various profiles in the finance, accounting, HR and administrative departments of the companies. BCom (Hons) graduates can also take government recruitment exams for jobs in that sector. Public Sector Undertakings are another option where one can find various vacancies suitable for BCom (Hons) graduates.
Program of Coaching for Professional Courses (PCPC)
B.Com. General (Optional)
B.Com. Honours (merged with Curriculum)
Accounting Learning Outcomes
- 1. CA, CMA, ACS – from Foundation to continuous coaching upto Intermediate
- 2. Tally. ERP 9 (ver. 6.6.3)
- 3. GST filing
- 4. Practical Accounts Training
- 5. Competitive exams coaching class
Finance and Banking Learning Outcomes
- Develop analytical skills and activities to perform the accounting role in various functional areas in business including: finance, marketing, management and information systems.
- Use Information Technology to effectively perform their accounting role, encompassing all functional areas.
- Understand the process of decision-making and its implications.
- Assess existing accounting systems in the organization and internationally.
- Understand the ethical dimension of business and accounting.
- Comprehend and apply finance and banking theories for analyzing business opportunities in these areas.
- Develop problem-solving strategies for financial decision-making.
- Work with corporate houses to further develop their skills.
Scope of B.Com Honors ?
- Chartered Accountancy - One of the most suited options for B.Com (Honors) graduates is taking Chartered Accountancy or CPA exams, enabling them to bag jobs in the fields of taxation, audit or accountancy.
- Consultancy - If you are looking to make something of yourself in the field of Finance and Analysis, then consultancy jobs are your true calling. Pursuing a 3 level CFA course along with your investment banking, portfolio/ investment management/ banking jobs would give you a great edge in your career path.
- Start Up- Working for a start-up right after B.Com (Honors) would give you a great hands-on experience in various subjects that you studied during the three years of college. This is an excellent way to decide your ultimate career path, based on the diverse experiences gained by working at a start-up.
- Entrepreneurship -Being a B.Com (Honors) graduate gives you just about the basic knowledge to start a venture of your own. The broad course work and subjects in B.Com, will convert your eccentric idea into a full-fledged business.
- Secretary- You can take the C.S. exams after B.Com (Honors) and work in the regulatory compliance sector. Also, while C.S. is a professional course but it’s considered to be easier than cracking the C.A. exams which is a definite plus if that’s what you are looking for!
- CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) - The scope of B.Com Honors is spread worldwide. This CFA program is a professional course offered internationally by the American-based CFA institute. All you need is to have your B.com degree and clear Level 1 exam of CFA or the self-administered Standards of Practice Examination. The salary package offered to a CFA is between 3 lakh to 12 lakh per annum
- Financial Risk Manager (FRM) - Financial risk managers specialize in the fields of market risk calculation, trading, sales and calculating the earning capacity or success of the business. This is one of the best jobs after B.Com hons.
- Government Jobs- After graduating with a B.Com (Honors) degree, one also has the option of going for Government jobs by taking exams like the UPSC.
- Ms. M. Mullai, MBA, Ph.D.
- Mr. S .Sudalaimani, M.Com., SET
- Mrs. B. Jarina, M.Com., M.Phil., Ph.D.
- Mr. K. Kadarkkaraiyandi, M. Com., NET
- Dr. V. Ponraj, M.Com., M.Phil., Ph.D.
- Mr. P. Ramakrishnan, M.Com., M.Phil., SET
- Dr. N. Senthil Kumar, M.Com., M.Phil., Ph.D