- Dr. S. Anantha Ambeth Selvi, M.Sc., Ph.D
- Mrs. R.M. Kalyani, MSW, SET
- Mrs. Anu John Vincent, M.Sc., M.Phil., NET
- Mr. T. Thanisraja, M.Sc., MSW
“Crime is functional and normal”
“Crime free Society – is a utopian concept”
Criminology is the study of crime, the reason that working the behind of the case, cause of crime, crime statistics, prevention of crime, criminal behavior, and evaluation of criminal justice agencies, penology, criminal career and desistance and sociology of law.
The Department of Criminology and Police Administration, affiliated to Manonmaniam Sundaranar University established in the year 2003 and developed into an international hub of criminological Department. Faculty members of the Department of Criminology and Police Administration involve in high quality teaching in the areas of Police Administration, Juvenile Justice, Cyber Criminology, Child Protection and Victimology. The department is providing consultancy in the areas of Juvenile Justice, Child Protection to UNICEF and various other government agencies. Faculty members of the Department serve as Counsultants of reputed Criminology agencies, and Non Governmental Organizations. Most of the students are well placed in Police Department, Judiciary Field, Security Services, Private Detective and Non-Governmental Organizations. The Department offers a three year Under Graduate Programme Bachelor of Arts in Criminology and Police Administration.
- Our College was inaugurated by Thiru. A. X. Alexander I.P.S. in 2000.
- Our Alumni are in the Police Department, Law field and Various Security Services.
- More than 11 successful batches were passed out.
Our First batch meritorious student Mrs. Muthuselvam is working as Sub- Inspector in Tamil Nadu Police.
Ms.BRISIKILLA A (2015-2018 ) Secured First rank in Manonmaniam Sundaranar University
More than 17 successful batches were passed out
Field visits to Police station, Magistrates Court, Fire station, Forensic Sciences Laboratory, Observation Home or Special home, NGO, Juvenile Justice Board are included with curriculum
B.Com. Honours (merged with Curriculum)
- Physical Training
- Gym Training for Body Fitness
- Riffle Handling( Firing )
- Special Field class on Forensic Evidence Collection
- Competitive exams coaching class
Curriculum Defence Training (CDT)
Special training programme for Uniformed Services
All the above training programme are conducted from the first semester
- 1. Pull ups – 10 No’s
- 2. Shuttle Run – 10 × 10 mts
- 3. 1600 mts – 4 Laps (400 mts track), Duration – 5 minutes 30-45 seconds
- 4. Rope Climbing
- 5. Long Jump
- 6. Single Leg Balance
- Defence is a “review and learn” culture, allowing teams and individuals time to reflect on experiences and to identify and share lessons learnt from them.- PHYSICAL FITNESS
- Imbue an appreciation of one’s civic duties and responsibilities towards society and demonstrate knowledge of contemporary or emerging threats, challenges or issues thereby contributing to strategic culture.
- Encourage leadership qualities amongst students and raise ability to work as a team.
Gain an understanding of professional ethics and to apply in the field of national security rather than replicate curriculum content knowledge.
- Policing & Crime Prevention
- Forensic Science & Medicine
- Criminal Laws
- Cyber Forensics
- Crime Mapping and GIS
- Communal Violence & Terrorism
- Human Rights
- Correctional Administration.
Scope for a Career in Criminology in India
- After pursuing Criminology courses in India, Umpteen job vacancies are available in the following.
- Government agencies related to Home Ministry
- State Police & Central Police
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Central Bureau of Investigation
- Private Detective Agencies
- Intelligence Bureau
- Non Government Organisations
- Human Rights Agencies
- Crime Investigators
- Crime Scene Analyst
- Crime Laboratory Analyst
- Forensic Surgeon
- Forensic Engineer